Re: [linux-audio-dev] GTK performance?

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 18:09:13 EEST

On 4/29/05, Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Top is pretty useless for measuring loads that aren't constant. It seems
> to sample CPU loads at instants in time, which is why top is always high
> on the list. I tend to use gkrellm.

Andrew Morton's zc package
(http://www.zipworld.com.au/~akpm/linux/#zc) contains a tool called
cyclesoak that I like to use for measuring CPU usage. It's a simple
command line app. I like that because I can easily store its output
for comparing different runs. Useful for profiling sometimes.

I moded it to spit out average usage over a run upon exit. Hopefully
my mod doesn't invalidate the whole thing...