Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencer Concept Addition

From: Tim Orford <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 22:35:50 EEST

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:36:16PM +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> > so, just to be clear, each tempo/meter container could
> > contain a complete tempo/meter map, not just a single pair
> > of values?
>
> Only a meter container that is not inside another meter
> container can have a tempo track, as else they couldn't
> stay in sync.

perhaps you might not want them in sync. And, eg, a tempo
setting of 50%, would be very handy, even for 4/4'ers like me.

>But a first level meter container must (and
> automaticaly will) have a tempo track, because otherwise
> the timing of everything inside would be undefined.

i dont think i explained myself properly. Can i for example
in your mockup, change from 4/4 to 3/4 at bar 3 *within*
the existing yellow container. I think that would be
neccesary and I'm sure thats what you had in mind.

> There could be a setup like in Garageband, where you have a main
> view, and a detail view below where the selection is shown.

I'm not familiar with Garageband, but from the apple.com
screenshots this appears to be a watered down feature of
Logic, where you can have an arbitrary number of arbitrarily
positioned windows showing these "details" (linked edit
windows).

But yes, i mostly agree:-)

--
Tim Orford