Re: [linux-audio-dev] Aeolus and OSC - comments requested

From: Jesse Chappell <jesse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 00:55:05 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote on Thu, 12-May-2005:

> You also allow the client to include a return address and OSC path
> with each request. I have my doubts about the first: it allows the
> client to use a different address for each call, and this could create
> significant overhead for the server, having to lookup the hostnames.
> The OSC return path probably makes sense in a dynamic environment as SL.

I can't see why a single client would be changing its address all the time
in practice. And a given hostname is only looked up once, and
the address info used by liblo is cached. When I implemented
this interface liblo did not yet support the source address feature,
and it still doesn't work right on OS X for me.

jlc