Re: [linux-audio-dev] Aeolus and OSC - comments requested

From: Alfons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 13:13:20 EEST

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 10:16:41AM +0200, Albert Graef wrote:

> The disadvantage of this fairly basic scheme is of course that the
> client has to dispatch the voices himself.

It's possible to have the best of both worlds and remain close
to midi, something like:

When <voice> is zero, you get the standard midi behaviour:
the synth assigns a voice that is identified by <note> and
destroyed by a /note_off. When <voice> is not zero, it creates
a voice that you need to manage yourself.

I proposed something similar two years ago in a discussion
on plugin interfaces IIRC, and got badly flamed for it...

[ hides ]

--
FA