Re: [linux-audio-dev] [EMPLOYMENT] contractor sought for linux sample playback engine

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 01:21:30 EEST

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 15:57 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> Through local contacts, I ended up meeting with a person close to
> Philadelphia who is starting a company to build a sample playback
> engine that will be used to enhance and extend the sound of an
> existing large scale instrument. They need a relatively simple sample
> playback engine:
>
> - MIDI in
> - up to 400 samples being played at once
> - all samples assumed to live in RAM
> - up to 50-70 channels of output
> - no functional GUI (simple one required at
> install/configuration time)
>
> The work needs doing quickly (they have existing customers who are
> waiting), and well (the system will have no monitor; stuff has to Just
> Work All The Time).
>
> If you think you might be interested in doing this, get in touch with
> me, estimating time to completion and cost. Available compensation is
> reasonable, and may be adjustable to include stock in the company.

Paul,

I ended up finishing the main part of my previous contract in way less
time than I'd estimated, so I'd like to take this on.

I think I can do it in about a month. Maybe less. But, I'd need more
information in order to produce a time estimate. Do they have a more
formal spec than the above, or would this have to be developed?

Please disregard if you've found someone, of course.

Lee