Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: OpenGL + Audio = Bad Idea?

From: Richard Spindler <richard.spindler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 22 2005 - 09:34:40 EEST

I'm not rendering in the audio threat, I just push a redraw request to
fltk, and a send an awake event to fltk which is impemented as a pipe
internally.

I only block waiting for fltk such that I can submit the redraw
request. It returns immediatly and FLTK goes on drawing it's stuff.

As I said, realtime safeness is not an issue right now, but if you
have hints to make it more "correct", they are welcome :)
(Well, I could just use a pipe to wake up fltk to redraw, this should
be trivial)

Obtaining the best FPS isn't an issue either, because I'm rendering
video to the OpenGL context, and I mainly want it to stay in sync with
audio more or less.

-Richard