Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 21:53:39 EEST

>I didn't want to make that difference, but as every mainboard nowadays
>has a "decent" audio chip onboard and as every more demanding user
>(the "professional") has a second card, too, why not just split
>applications between those two?

because its broken.

why not, no matter whether the chipset is on-board, or in an external
firewire case, present the -same- configuration of the audio-system,
no matter what!

*this* would be a pro approach. saying that its okay to have two
different audio subsystem configs, because "most likely" (ack, spit!)
there will be 'two different cards' involved .. this is so broken.

--
;
Jay Vaughan