[linux-audio-dev] Re: Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Lachlan Davison <ltdav1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2005 - 05:10:49 EEST

> 3. 'amateur' users vs. 'professionals'.
>
> Since a took a clear stand on this matter, let me define what
> I mean by a 'professional' in this context: someone who makes
> a living by providing a service to customers who pay for it.
> I still maintain that someone in this position will not mind
> logging in as different users for his personal and pro work.
> He / she will probably use different machines anyway. It's
> just a matter of 'best practice' and professional conduct.
>

> > > As was already pointed out, prosumer and professional users
> > > will in all probably have two different audio cards anyway.
>
> > At least for the hobbyist (and I can speak for them):
> > disagreed :) .

Just to join in... from a dance music making perspective i'm not sure if i understand this customer concept. Does your fav rock band use "best practice" and professional conduct? are they not professional? I hope at least some of the people on here are interested in making music too, and i hope we can focus on that. The key thing i've learned from my limited experience with music, more time making music and less time getting your computer to work means better music. So i think the goal really needs to be as Jay said, it just works. Though i'm coming from the just doing it for fun camp so take that into account.