Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: What Parts of Linux Audio Simply Work Great?

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2005 - 11:49:46 EEST

>And since when is switching the audio engine to change from reading
>your email to doing your audio editing a big issue?

i'll tell you when: when you've used OSX, and are now trying Linux
out, and Don't Understand At All Why You Have To Even Bother, Or Why
Its Cool That You Have To Bother.

Thats when its a big issue. People will see that and go "oh, those
wacky Linux guys with their config files and their vi's and greps and
gosubs .. no thanks, I'm going back to OSX" ..

>Prior to osX that is what you would do on the mac. There are a lot
>of studios still using os9 hardware with ProTools.

and i would wager that nearly every one of those OS9+ProTools rigs
has a very strict "do not mess with my *#$@#@'ing AUDIO setup" policy
in placee .. otherwise why else would they be using such 'old'
technology ..

--
;
Jay Vaughan