[linux-audio-dev] Proposed scary kernel change for 2.6.13

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 18:56:55 EEST

Andrew Morton and others want to change the default value of HZ to ~250
for kernel 2.6.13, "to save power on laptops".

I think this is absolutely insane, I should not even have to explain
why.

If you feel the same way, *please* complain about it on LKML. The
thread is called "-mm -> 2.6.13 merge status".

They at least need to merge the high-res timers patch at the same time,
so that users will not see a regression in the sleep() resolution from
1ms to 3ms.

Lee