Re: [linux-audio-dev] All things LADSPA, your input please

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 28 2005 - 18:16:15 EEST

[Christoph Eckert]

> I enjoy jack-rack with some EQ, chorus and reverb really a
> great fun when plugging in my acoustic guitar.
>
> LADSPAS in ardour are really cool as well as using LADSPAS in
> synths like ams or om directly (and om does use them
> excessively).
>
> I agree that the GUI interfaces for LADSPAs are sometimes
> suboptimal, but this is due to the name of LAD_S_PAs.

Yes, simple is nice. However, the API's excessive verbosity and the
1.1 kludges sometimes tempt me to expand the S into other, more
pejorative words.

At least it works reasonably well, and thanks to Steve, Fons, Tom and
all you unsung heroes out there it has become a meaningful standard.

> Concerning DSSIs I'd like to see some cool ones popping up.

Me too! :) I think we'll be getting there over time though.

Thanks for your input. Any more takers?

Cheers, Tim