[linux-audio-dev] linking multiple .o plugins into a single .so library

From: Artemio <artemio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 19:59:51 EEST

Hello all!

I have a question regarding linking multiple plugins into a single
library.

if I do:
$ ld -shared -o plugins.so plugins/*.o

- then ld complains that g_psStereoDescriptor and g_psMonoDescriptor
as well as _init and _fini functions are duplicate and does nothing.

If I try:
$ ld -shared -z muldefs -o plugins.so plugins/*.o

- this does some wizardry on changing the duplicate functions names
(_init and _fini) and in the host only the last plugin in the .o
files list is seen.

As I understand I cannot change the names of _init and _fini because
these are standard for libraries (or not?) and names of
g_psStereoDescriptor and g_psMonoDescriptor are standard for a LADSPA
plgin (or not?)... But what should I do? Or is is better to keep the
plugins in separate .so files?

Thanks very much!

Artemiy.