Re: [linux-audio-dev] linking multiple .o plugins into a single .so library

From: fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 02:30:02 EEST

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 09:31:08PM +0300, Artemio wrote:

> > Just combine the two _init() functions into one, and the same
> > for _fini(). Or change their names and add _init() and _fini()
> > that call both.
>
> In both cases, you mean I need to create a separate .c file with
> global _init() and _fini() functions that are for all plugins, and
> then compile this file into .o and join with all plugins into .so? I
> will try it now, thanks.

Yes, that's correct. But I forgot one thing: you also need a global

  LADSPA_Descriptor *ladspa_descriptor (unsigned long k)
  {
    switch (k)
    {
    case 0: return _the_ladspa_descriptor_for_the_first_plugin_;
    case 1: return _the_ladspa_descriptor_for_the_second_plugin_;
    default: return 0;
    }
  }

instead of the separate functions in each plugin.

> P.S. Fons, your Moog filters make me use them again and again, they
> are like a bottle of fresh cool juice in a hot day. Thanks so
> much! ;-)

We had a *very hot* week over here, so I know what you mean :-)
Just write if you need more help.

--
FA