[linux-audio-dev] Why alsamixer starts with all the volumes settings in 0?

From: Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 18:01:28 EEST

Hi everyone! I was just wondering why alsamixer starts with all volume
settings in cero. I guess there should be an aswer to this, so I decided
to ask you. What I didn't know was if to ask here or to lau's list, so I
decided to go directly to the designers :-)

Also, it is possible to, at least, lstart with the main volume and
pcm/wav just a little bit raised? I think this would help when
configuring alsa, specially for newbies.

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers, Damian.-

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read. -- Groucho Marx