Re: [linux-audio-dev] desktop audio resumed

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 01:58:48 EEST

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 22:27 +0000, Maarten De Boer wrote:
> - if you use oss applications, make sure you use libaoss (or am I
> wrong
> here? does alsa pcm emulation use "default" as well?)

You are basically correct on all points, except that unfortunately skype
does not seem to work with libaoss (it crashes), so can't be used with
dmix. This is probably a bug in libaoss, but we don't have a usable bug
report, so nothing can be done about it.

So it seems that the only choice for skype users is to use the ALSA
in-kernel OSS emulation which will block other apps.

Lee