Re: [linux-audio-dev] best soundcard revisited

From: Aaron <aamehl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 17:24:20 EEST

Ok youre right,

Here is what I am using it for:
1. taking hundreds of hours of analog recordings of single people
singing and recording them to harddisk then editing them and restoring them. The
recordings are both mono and stereo.

2. Do the same thing with digital recordings from minidisk or mp3
recorders.

3. possibly creating demo mixes.

In summation for the current project at most stereo recording and if
it makes a quality difference 2496, if not cd quality.

mic and line in spdif in and out why not?

The main issue I was asking about was the best sound card as far as
linux support.

Multitrack is not needed.

Thanks
Aaron