Re: [linux-audio-dev] please help: enumerating library requirements

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-lad@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 15:59:51 EEST

paniq@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> On Saturday 23 July 2005 00:29, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > then libsndfile does all of the above except 1) and 2) and possibly
> > 5). What exactly do you mean by "realtime streaming".
>
> if 2) is missing that wouldnt hurt. i dont like mp3 anyway.
>
> realtime streaming means that it should be possible to stream audio in very
> small chunks of data e.g. 64 samples per frame.

Que? That sounds like a function of the file format not the
API. With libsndfile you can read a single frame (1 sample for
every channel) or more per read/write.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"OS X is great that way.  I put a copy of OS X on my coffee table,
and it hasn't been hacked yet. Yes, I am using it as a server. I
serve several meals on it every week." -- Anthony Minkoff