Re: [linux-audio-dev] JACK error 4294967295

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 15:49:58 EEST

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 23:45 -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> Ah! It came to me just now - I set the priority field in qjackctl to 0
> instead of 1 (where it was) and now jack apps can start. Heads up there.
> Maybe applications need a way to recognize what rt_priority level to ask
> for based on what jack is running at? On a tangent, how exactly does
> that work? Is rt_priority=0 sufficiently prioritized? (because it is the
> only thing running realtime)

i think the problem with zero is that with -R, jackd actually needs 2
(or even 3) priorities:

        * watchdog thread
        * driver thread
        * client threads

since it sets the watchdog to run at the stated priority, the others
need to be below it. hence ... the classic UINT_MAX-1 error. we should
probably add a check for the given priority to make sure this can't
happen. care to submit a patch?

--p