Re: [linux-audio-dev] JACK error 4294967295

From: Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 16:55:16 EEST

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 at 15:51 +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:33:58 -0600
> Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > So you're saying jackd should run at priority 1 or higher, and we ought
> > to check for that? I could probably manage such a patch, but running at
> > priority 1 is what was causing this error for me with jack apps. Is
> > there a way to match priority from jack apps automatically?
>
> Hi,
>
> there's no priority 0 for SCHED_FIFO threads AFAIK, thus, as jackd runs
> at the prio specified via the comandline, the watchdog at prio +10 and
> the clients at prio -1, you effectively get a prio of 0 for the clients
> when starting jackd with -P 1. Which doesn't work. So, a checking
> whether the argument to -P is >= 2 should be enough. Plus the
> documentation might need some updating to document the behaviour. I'll
> send in a patch for the Documentation in a little while.

Ok, I understand that. So I take it if you set qjackctl priority to 0,
it will not specify it and therefore use the JACK default which is >=2?
I tried setting -P to 2 in qjackctl, and it works fine.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | If more of us valued food and cheer and
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | song above hoarded gold, it would be a