Re: [linux-audio-dev] JACK error 4294967295

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 14 2005 - 16:51:18 EEST

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:33:58 -0600
Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> So you're saying jackd should run at priority 1 or higher, and we ought
> to check for that? I could probably manage such a patch, but running at
> priority 1 is what was causing this error for me with jack apps. Is
> there a way to match priority from jack apps automatically?

Hi,

there's no priority 0 for SCHED_FIFO threads AFAIK, thus, as jackd runs
at the prio specified via the comandline, the watchdog at prio +10 and
the clients at prio -1, you effectively get a prio of 0 for the clients
when starting jackd with -P 1. Which doesn't work. So, a checking
whether the argument to -P is >= 2 should be enough. Plus the
documentation might need some updating to document the behaviour. I'll
send in a patch for the Documentation in a little while.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org