Re: [linux-audio-dev] libcui - design-question

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 00:38:31 EEST

> When you build in a scheme interpreter into an application, f.ex at
> the bottom of ardour, you're not only doing it for the blind people,
> you're also empowering the user.

ardour actually did have a scheme interpreter at the bottom at the
beginning of its life (Guile; a hangover from the design of quasimodo).
i never considered lisp to be an appropriate language for user
scripting, but beyond that, its presence at the top/bottom of the call
tree caused some technical problems that led me to remove it.

--p