Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: libcui - design-question

From: Mario Lang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 12:53:56 EEST

Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> writes:

> Mario: Sometimes I couldn't figure out against what you are protesting?

You must have read my postings in a weird way, I am not
protesting against anything.

> Is it things like gnopernicus or also things like my library idea?

I was simply trying to express my concern regarding
ATK and AT-SPI usability and the fact that people seem to
assume that it will be enough to use a ATK aware toolkit
to make linux audio programs usable for the blind on Linux.
I think this is not true yet, and I wanted to avoid people
dropping their console ideas in favour of at-spi.
I think your library idea is great, you should probably
try to avoid making it blind specific since that
would allow you to have a greater user base, but its of course
your decision since you write it.

> - I know of midi.el, but I second Arnold and Aaron, I don't like
> lisp and emacs. I've great dificulties using it.

The pain of choice... Oh well, I'll continue on my lonely path then.

--
CYa,
  Mario