[linux-audio-dev] (1) Jack -- busted? (2) jack.udp -- busted? (3) jack-osx -- binary-only?

From: Stephen Travis Pope <stp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 22:10:15 EEST

Helo all,

(1) I'm new to jack (but a competent programmer). It appears that the
cvs repository is missing the top-level configuration file. Following
the instructions from the download page, I do a clean cvs checkout on
a Linux machine, cd to the jack directory, and execute

./autogen.sh

This fails saying

/usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
configure.ac: 218: required file `config/ltmain.sh' not found

Am I missing something?

(2) My actual interest is in looking into the jack-udp protocol, and
I tried getting this all to work on a Mac a few days ago and actually
got much further, but it looks like file recv.c has problems since it
doesn't appear to include any definition if the jackudp_t data type
that it tries to declare in the first line of code; i.e., I get,

/Users/stp/Code/jack/jack.udp/recv.c:14: error: 'jackudp_t'
undeclared (first use in this function)

Does jack.udp work in general?
Is there any documentation of the actual protocol used?
Has anyone thought of using TCP instead of UDP?

(3) I know that there's a binary distribution of the Mac OSX release,
and have it installed; does anyone know where there's a source
distribution?

stp

...any assistance greatly appreciated...

--
   Stephen Travis Pope -- http://create.ucsb.edu/~stp
   Center for Research in Electronic Art Technology, University of