Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: MVC - multiple CV

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 15:39:08 EEST

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 18:08, fons adriaensen wrote:
> The whole point about Paul's scheme is that he *is* doing exactly that.
> And while does seem odd, I will not dismiss the idea without giving it
> a full-length meditation :-)

Some of this may depend upon what your toolkit expects. For example, in Qt,
the QSlider widget has *two* signals that are emitted when a slider position
changes. One ('valueChanged(int)') is emitted whenever the position changes,
for whatever reason, while the other ('sliderMoved(int)') is emitted only
when the change was due to the *user* moving the control --i.e. not when
updated by the program itself. Choosing the correct one to use in a given
context is important in order to avoid the kind of problems Fons has
mentioned.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development |
| | Salem Radio Labs |
| Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run |
| faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a |
| lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will |
| starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a |
| gazelle: when the sun comes up, you'd better be running! |
| -- Anonymous |