Re: [linux-audio-dev] Old tracks finaly recorded and mastered

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 13:09:30 EEST

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> The only problem was having to convert the 32bit float WAVs to
> 16 bit for lame, as it doesn't recognize that format.

There was a version of LAME that used the 0.0.X series of libsndfile
for file I/O. I don't know hat happened to that. Its pretty trivial
to update that code to use 1.0.X libsndfile.

> I used
> sndfile-convert for that. Too bad it doesn't take a flag for
> the output format, but requires filenames for that.

sndfile-convert understands -pcm16, -pcm24 and others.

It only uses the file extension to figure out the desination
file's container type (AU, AIFF, WAV etc).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program contains an
ad-hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of
half of CommonLisp." -- Greenspuns Tenth Rule Of Programming