[linux-audio-dev] Re: applying RIAA curves in software

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 18:07:33 EEST

On 10/26/05, Richard Smith <smithbone@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > The corners are at 50, 500, and 2120 Hz IIRC.
> > Slope is -6dB / octave, so the weighted sum of two
> > first order lowpass filters is all you need.
> >

> Do you know if the RIAA_EQ in JAM includes this?
>
> --
> Richard A. Smith

Is there some sane reason for not just using a turntable preamp? The
phono signal level is quite low and i'm assuming recording it as line
level and amping in software isn't the nicest or easiest way to do it.
I really fail to see the positives. I record stuff from vinyl on a
regular basis, so i can hear my mistakes, as i'm a dj. All
professionally produced cd's mastered from vinyl (i.e any dj mix cd
like global underground) are done through normal phono preamps.
Easiest and best solution i think.

Loki