[linux-audio-dev] Re: applying RIAA curves in software

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 05:21:15 EEST

On 10/26/05, fons adriaensen <fons.adriaensen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 06:47:51PM -0500, Richard Smith wrote:
>
> > Which one is 9 the 50 or the 2120?
> > Any suggestions on what program I can use to run these? Audacity will
> > do LADSPA plugings but I rather something I can script.
>
> Filter 1: F = 50 Hz, A = 9
> Filter 2: F = 2120 Hz, A = 1
>
> and add the two outputs.
>
> The first one produces the first downward 'corner' at 50 Hz, and
> the second one the downward corner at 2120 Hz. The combination of
> the two gives the 'upward' corner at 50 * (1 + 9) / 1 = 500 Hz.
>
> --
> FA

needles btw? Though i still recommend a real preamp much more
important are decent needles. Ortofon makes great stuff and it's what
i use. I recommend any of the OM E series, they are (relatively) cheap
and really nice. The OM 5 E works really well if it's just for
recording use. I use the concord Elektro for normal use.

Loki