Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: applying RIAA curves in software

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 21:52:10 EEST

On Saturday 29 Oct 2005 19:11, Paul Davis wrote:
> i have a music hall turntable, and it is the paragon of great design
> (glass platter!), reasonable cost and sweet sound. i have the mmf-5
> with a goldring cartridge, feeding a NAD phono preamp.
>
> i am not sure what the availability is in europe, but they are made
> in the czech republic so ...

I think these are basically the same thing as the Pro-ject turntables,
highly regarded, nice to look at, and widely available in Europe (and
also relatively cheap and made in the Czech republic).

  http://www.project-audio.com/en/turntables.html

I use an ancient Thorens TD-150 I picked up on eBay. It's a bit
battered, but a lovely turntable. Also a Goldring cartridge (a 1042).
I do still buy records, mostly second-hand classical recordings.

Chris