Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem compiling with liblo: error: 'lo_address' does not name a type

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 12:30:15 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> You mean Steve, right?

Yeah I do. Sorry Steve :-).

> Ubuntu seriously lags behind (0.18), as unfortunatly seems to be the
> norm with many packages I would be interested in.
>
> (Btw: Does anyone know the smoothest way to upgrade Ubuntu Breezy to
> Debian testing? I'd like to get rid of U. on my laptop soon and run a
> Real Programmer's Debian there as on my other machines.)

I'm running Breezy too, and I just compiled the liblo package from
Dapper and installed that.

What you do is:

  - Go to your local Ubuntu mirror site.
  - Find /ubuntu/pool/universe/libl/liblo/
  - Grab the three files:

          liblo_0.22-1.dsc
          liblo_0.22-1.diff.gz
          liblo_0.22.orig.tar.gz

  - Then do:

       dpkg-source -x liblo_0.22-1.dsc
       cd liblo-0.22/
       dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc
       cd ..
       sudo dpkg -i liblo*.deb

And you're done. Probably a bit easier than converting your machine
to Debian testing :-).

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
"Do I do everything in C++ and teach a course in advanced swearing?"
-- David Beazley at IPC8, on choosing a language for teaching