Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem compiling with liblo: error: 'lo_address' does not name a type

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 11:35:02 EET

Hallo,
Erik de Castro Lopo hat gesagt: // Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > while trying to build Dave Griffith's fluxus, which uses liblo, on
> > Debian, I've hit a very strange error. It boils down to g++ not
> > finding the symbols exported in lo/lo.h. I stripped down the code,
> > where it fails to this supershort C++-file:
>
> Check your version of liblo. The version in Debian (even testing)
> and Ubuntu is a bit behibd what Dave has on his web site.

You mean Steve, right? Actually the version in testing is 0.22, which
also is the latest on plugin.org.uk/liblo/releases/

Ubuntu seriously lags behind (0.18), as unfortunatly seems to be the
norm with many packages I would be interested in.

(Btw: Does anyone know the smoothest way to upgrade Ubuntu Breezy to
Debian testing? I'd like to get rid of U. on my laptop soon and run a
Real Programmer's Debian there as on my other machines.)

My problem with liblo was, that the version I had in /usr/local was
way old and shouldn't have been there at all. It works now, after I
deleted it.

Ciao