[linux-audio-dev] Problem compiling with liblo: error: 'lo_address' does not name a type

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 00:28:07 EET

Hallo,

while trying to build Dave Griffith's fluxus, which uses liblo, on
Debian, I've hit a very strange error. It boils down to g++ not
finding the symbols exported in lo/lo.h. I stripped down the code,
where it fails to this supershort C++-file:

// --------------
// OSCServer.cpp
//

#include <lo/lo.h>
lo_address m_Destination;

// ---------- end

Trying to compile this with

$ g++ -c OSCServer.cpp

will give these errors:

$ g++-3.2 -c OSCServer.cpp
OSCServer.cpp:2: 'lo_address' is used as a type, but is not defined as
a type.

$ g++-3.3 -c OSCServer.cpp
OSCServer.cpp:2: error: 'lo_address' is used as a type, but is not
defined as a type.

$ g++-4.0 -c OSCServer.cpp
OSCServer.cpp:2: error: 'lo_address' does not name a type

liblo is installed from the Debian package:
ii liblo0-dev 0.22-1 Lightweight OSC library --development files

I think, g++ finds <lo/lo.h>, otherwise it should complain about a missing
header, but then it doesn't want to use it.

Does anyone have an idea, what is going wrong here?

Ciao