Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] caps-0.3.0

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 23:45:11 EET

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 03:48:50 +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > Please enlighten me!
>
> RDF, so it's possible to categorize it and look it up quickly;).
>
> OT: I think it's wrong to write the type names as plurals. A formal
> categorization should not use plurals. It's the "Generator" group, not
> the "Generators" group, f.ex.

Its a perosnaly preference thing, rdf types are classes, and in english
you talk about the "class of generators"*. But, the RDF type URIs are just
symbols for machine consupmtion, they have (should have?) labels that can
be used for display purposes, and they can read whatever you like.

* though I generally use the singular, dunno why I chose plural that day

- Steve