Re: [linux-audio-dev] synthesis on gp2x .. (was Fwd: RE: [gpx-dev] hardware interfaces)

From: Jay Vaughan <jayv@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 22:34:53 EET

>No, it's not a pity at all, we should not support GPL violators by
>buying their hardware.

errm.. in my limited GPL'itude, i thought the rule was that we should
be running GPL software wherever we can, and choose to?

fact is, gp2x is nice hardware to run, 100%, your own code on. of
the code that currently makes the GP2X fun and great, and great fun,
there is a lot, like, a majority of it, that is open, shared, and
well-orchestrated as a community resource by its maintainers. and
the hardware is the right price.

GPH may not be communicating too well, no, but the spirit of the GPL
is hot on this box, and i really believe GPH are making GPL
compatible, and thus ultra-friendly, hardware, anyway .. i don't
read enough korean complaints about it, either, though i certainly
wish i could.

ever had kimschi, or know how to make it?

--
;
Jay Vaughan