Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] LAD site, linuxdj.com needs a new home

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 17:32:30 EET

Well I dont think I have the time to keep up a magazine myself at the
moment, which is another reason why I was looking at a wiki, so that
others could also join in to help as needed. Not real sure what the
best way to handle editing permissions is, either to keep it a true wiki
and let anyone edit it, I obviously have some reservations about, or to
possibly send out an account info to this and the LAU list or something
along those lines? Or just to keep the account info myself and allow
others to email me for permission, which unfortunatly has the side
effect of making it that much more inconvienient, both for me and for
the ones wanting to edit.

Currently I have 3 domains, 2 pointers and a full one, and a fair amount
of space and bandwidth at my site, never complain about other
possibilities, but I dont think at least at first anything would be a
problem.

I dont think I have a problem with running a version of Mambo or
Joomla?(From the developers of Mambo?) if there is desire for others
that wish to put interviews and such on there if there is interest in
that as well, again though I just dont have time myself to do upkeep on
anything ala serious magazine level.

     Thomas Vecchione