[linux-audio-dev] owner of init scripts // LASH

From: conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 22:55:20 EET

Hello all,
i try to set up my audiobox and playing a little bit with realtime audio.
Today I want to setup a start script, so that jack (and some other apps)
starting, immedately after bootup.

First question: is the init script the right place, or should i use LASH.
Second (and originate) question: if i start from xterm as normal user

bash-3.00$ set_rlimits -r jackd --realtime -d alsa &

everything is perfect. but if i startet the same command in .xsession, i will
get the following

---------------------- schnipp ----------

nperiods = 2 for playback
JACK: unable to mlock() port buffers: Cannot allocate memory
cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 20) [for thread 49156, from
th
read 49156] (1: Operation not permitted)
cannot use real-time scheduling (FIFO at priority 10) [for thread 65541, from
th
read 65541] (1: Operation not permitted)

is the .xsession script running as a different user?
any comments are welcome

thanks c~