Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA processing: ams, om, ... Anything else?

From: Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto <denisfalqueto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 17:02:40 EET

On 3/18/06, Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Denis,
>
> Do you mean, om-engine doesn't work at all without appropriate records inside 'hosts'
> file ? In my case generally it works.

Andrew,

To me, it was like this: the engine starts and sits down waiting for a
client to connect. But when I start om_gtk, the engine segfaults...
and the client can't do anything. The client keeps runing but I can't
use it for nothing. When I configured the /etc/hosts it worked right.
My /etc/hosts was like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

I changed it to:

127.0.0.1 bach bach

And it all worked. I found the solution in the hexter homepage, at the
bottom of the page, at the FAQ. It explains why the OSC server needs
this to work.

Regards,

Denis A. Altoe Falqueto