Re: [linux-audio-dev] Best opensource license to use?

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 13:01:20 EET

On Thu, 23 Mar, 2006 at 09:13PM +0100, Ralf Beck spake thus:
> Hi all,
>
> i intend to release an application, which allows to use VST(i)s running
> on an XP machine from
> a linux jack client, hooked up over ethernet.
> Since i want to not only make the linux jack client opensource, but the
> XP part opensource too, what would
> be the best license for the latter (due to the VST header issue)?

Could we precompile the thinest of thin wrappers to VST stuff to
distrubute as a binary, with the source available on-line, minus the
VST headers but including instructions on how to get them and make the
wrapper?

Then for a project such as yours, you just depend on the wrapper?

Maybe?

> Ralf

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)