Re: [linux-audio-dev] linear resampling is crap ?

From: Jussi Laako <jussi.laako@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 12:12:23 EEST

Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> process, it should be possible to be quite fast (well, of course it
> depends on what fast is) while maintaining good quality. From my recent
> work on SSE based resampling code for BEAST:

At least you can make SSE process four float streams in parallel without
significant limitations to the algorithm itself. Getting all the
benefits of SIMD with single stream would probably mean limitations or
significant modifications to the algorithm.

Typically filter codes are something where compilers fail to generate
fast code and where hand written asm usually helps. Complex math is
another thing. I've seen this with FIR and especially IIR filters.

        - Jussi