Re: [linux-audio-dev] linear resampling is crap ? (was: fast linear resampling on ARM - suggestions?)

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 23:33:58 EEST

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 07:48:02PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>
> > Measuring the same example with libsamplerate with SRC_SINC_FASTEST
> > gives a throughput of 1233140 samples/second, which means that my code
> > is about 41 times faster.
>
> Are you comparing apples to apples here?
>
> What is the bandwidth of your resampler?
>
> >From the comments in the code it seems that your resampler is not an
> abritrary resampler like mine but an 2 times upsampler. Its not really
> a fair comparison to compare a general time varying resampler like
> mine to a 2 times upsampler.

i cant use a 2 times upsampler....
i want to use an unsynced soundcard with clockdrift as a recording
source. and i really dont want to make any quality compromises.

i need all features of libsrc (slowly changing samplerate, and resample
factors of 1.00001 or so)

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language