Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 20:30:30 EEST

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 12:19:42PM +0200, Lars Luthman wrote:
> > Overall I think this is a much better approach than LADSPA 1.x, it has
> > usable identifiers, a clear route for extensions without compatibility
> > problems and each plugin is quite a lot simpler.
>
> What type of extensions are you talking about here, and what is the
> clear route?

Extensions to the metadata, eg. port groups, new kinds of port (assuming
they can still be float *s), additional hints etc.

The clear route is the RDF namespacing mechanism, if someone wants to try
a new extension they can just start using it under thier own namespace,
then it can be added to the core spec if it's popular.

- Steve