[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA2 name early consensus

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 28 2006 - 10:57:37 EEST

OK, it seems like the consensus is clear to me. So far, most people want to
use/keep LADSPA2. I ran it through a condorcet program, just to make sure,
but it't not in doubt. FWIW, by my count the pure "acceptable" numbers
came out as:

  17 ladspa2
   7 xap
   6 peep
   5 apa
   4 sax
   4 plux
   3 rap
   2 peeper
   2 eep
   1 wasap
   1 sap
   1 pea
   1 openplux
   1 lapa
   1 fap
   1 clap
   1 chap

And the condorcet pattern was:

   9 ladspa2
   1 ladspa2>apa>sax
   1 ladspa2>plux
   1 ladspa2>sap>xap>peep>peeper>sax>fap>eep>clap>chap>apa>rap>pea>wasap>rap
   1 ladspa2>lapa>plux>xap
   1 openplux>plux>ladspa2
   1 peep
   1 peeper>peep>apa
   1 plux>apa>ladspa2
   1 sax>eep>xap
   1 xap>apa>ladspa2
   1 xap>peep
   1 xap>rap>peep
   1 xap>sax>peep>ladspa2

Only 23% of those voters would find LADSPA2 unacceptable, next best is XAP
which 68% would find unacceptable.

I wasn't especially rigourous, so I may have missed, or misinterpreted
someones vote. Someone could poll the LAU list if they felt inclined.

I think that we should give the people who's names appear on the original
.h file a veto, as were doing some radical changes to the design - though
hopefully still in the spirit of the original. It doesn't look like we'd
ever reach consensus on any other name though.

*sigh* I guess I should invest in an anti-RSI keyboard.

- Steve