Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 23:34:14 EEST

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 20:32 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 03:49:59 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > > Further, you can't really remove all of this data. Most of it
> > > will be required by the plugin code itself, and you can't expect
> > > it to go and read it from the RDF.
> >
> > Since the plugin author writes both and they are strongly associated
> > with (and depend on) each other, the plugin can 'assume' eg. the type of
> > it's ports. Plugin code definitely won't be reading the RDF file.S
>
> I've not yet seen a plugin that introspects its own port hints either, but
> don't take that as a challenge ;)

I suppose it does have a path to it's own bundle, and could
theoretically parse manifest.ttl to find it's own data file and do what
it wants with it.

But.. I mean... just.. no! :)

(I did actually consider adding plugin-side hooks to my ladspa2 library
but decided against it)

--
Speaking of the library, status update:  I have successfully processed
data with the example plugin in about 5 lines of C code.  Plugins can be