Re: [linux-audio-dev] "LADSPA2" naming redux

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 20:58:54 EEST

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 07:37:36PM +0200, martin rumori wrote:
> On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 11:28:44AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > plugin" on google doesn't come up with anything much. The only audio
> > related things for "pod" I could see are: a guitar effects processor called
>
> not to forget about the POD algorithmic composition programm by
> canadian composer barry truax back in the 70s, AFAIR he used it for
> spectrally POisson Distributed audio synthesis.

Hmmm, yes. Didn't know about that. It doesnt show up on the first few
pages of google results, but it is there. The last mention I can see is in
1999: http://www.sfu.ca/~truax/podwork.html

There's bascially a choice between choosing a crap name, and treading on
someones toes slightly. It doesn't seem like a LADSPA POD plugin format
would steal any thunder from Truax.

- Steve