Re: [linux-audio-dev] "LADSPA2" naming redux

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 21:05:03 EEST

> The only audio
> related things for "pod" I could see are: a guitar effects processor called
> a PODxt (there was a POD historically), an audio I/O device called a
> Firepod, and the documentation for the LADSPA Perl module. Perl docs
> are the only non-coincidental hits for "LADSPA POD".

Pod devices are used in live sound fairly often, probably much more so
than guitarists would like;)

The basic concept I have absolutely no problem with, nor do I have a
problem with the naming of it, I do have to wonder though whether it may
be taking things a bit to far, or farther than they need to be though.
I just don't really see the need I suppose to create a new name for a
package, as that is really about all this would be right? The manifest
and code is part of the LADSPA development, and wouldn't really carry
over to any other plugin used in this package format correct? Or am I
missing the point entirely?

      Seablade