Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] aubio 0.3.0

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 00:55:08 EEST

karsten wiese wrote:

> yes, given how AUBIO_MEMSET ist defined:
> #define AUBIO_MEMSET(_dst,_src,_t) memset(_dst,_src,sizeof(_t))
>
> before the patch above example would expand to
> memset(&sfinfo, 0, sizeof(sizeof (sfinfo)));
> which becomes
> memset(&sfinfo, 0, sizeof(size_t));
> what is not what we want here:-)

Ahhhh of course! I missed that.

I therefore repeat my suggestion that having a macro which has a name
similar to that of an ISO C standard function but diffrent behaviour
is a really bad idea.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
"We have fifty million Muslims in Europe. There are signs that Allah
will grant Islam victory in Europe - without swords, without guns,
without conquests. The fifty million Muslims of Europe will turn it
into a Muslim continent within a few decades."
-- Libyan leader Mu'ammar Al-Qadhafi
   http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=1121