Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midi Clock

From: <krampenschiesser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 02:31:11 EEST

On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:00:21 -0400
Steve <radarsat1@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you mean that you are sending one packet after 256 notes have played?
No I send one packet for each 1/256 note. Therefore only the timer needs to be a realtime process and the actual software sequencers don't need to.
> In that case, I assume you are using it to periodically re-synchronize
> independant clocks. If that's the case, the local computer should be
> used to generate the MIDI clock according to its own clock. The local
> computer's own clock can then by re-synchronized periodically with the
> remote computer, which will automatically also re-sync the local MIDI
> clock signal.
>
> Does that make sense?
Well I didn't got this part right now, perhaps it's too late.
But I solved my problem.
As I send a packet with each 1/256 note to my software sequencers I was caught in the thought about 1 tact so 256/256.
But this is not nessesary as I could send the midi clock independently with just another integer as counter int the for loop.
I don't expect that you understand this right now, but I write this if another person could have the same problem.
> Am I correct in understanding that MIDI is not being sent over the TCP
> connection?
No I use TCP to sync my software sequencers and want the midi clock to sync any hardware.

Thanks for the help!
I should sleep right now.
Christian

--
I am not an Economist.  I am an honest man!
		-- Paul McCracken