[linux-audio-dev] IR FFT smoothing

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 18:15:38 EEST

Hi!

Trying to understand some magic with Ipmulse Response, FFT and so on, I'm playing with
scipy, matplotlib (and python as new language for me as a bonus). Concrete IR was got
with help of DRC (rec_imp, saying more strictly).

Currently I have got this frequency response graph:

   http://gaydenko.com/mix/needSmooth.png

And the question is: what is common way to smooth the result? Some offtopic apps has
something like "1/24, ..., 1/3 octave smoothing". What does it mean?

Andrew