Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [admin] linux-audio-* maintainer wanted...

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 22:02:33 EEST

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 12:21:50AM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> What can I do to assist you with this procedure? I will endeavor to
>> facilitate your every need for css compliant markup.
>>
>> Feel free to shoot me a mail with any questions you may have or details
>> that need resolving.
>
> Heh, thanks :)
>
> I would like create a new mockup for http://lau.linuxaudio.org/faq first.
> Then there's the question wether the whole lau.linuxaudio.org should
> be the wiki. Even if not, the theming should be consistent.

At this point I would prefer not to wiki the entire subdomain. However a
consistent them for sites are are under lau.linuxaudio.org would be nice.

The hard part is to make the content accessible without making it cheesy
or boring and I would like to keep the index page layout for that page.
If you can come up with a bold and striking theme that incorporates into
the current layout while also feeding into the wiki then it would be
really great. However whatever you come up with is gonna be worthwhile
I'm sure.

I'm a great fan of css zen garden so your palette is very broad at the
moment. The color scheme I have been working with is white, gold and
silver which was deemed acceptable to a number of people a few years ago
when I asked here and on lau.

> If lad.linuxaudio.org is changed to be all about the list ...
> perhaps the mainpages of both should be similar and both feature
> the mailing lists first, followed by links to the wiki with FAQ
> and all.

I have a prominent link on the LAU Guide to the mailing list but it
could be made more prominent.

I think it would be nice to keep a certain level of separation as the
LAD info generally appeals to different people from the lau info and
requires a different mindset to grok/participate.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com