Re: [linux-audio-dev] fst, VST 2.0, kontakt

From: Forest Bond <forest@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 30 2006 - 03:37:07 EEST

Thanks for clarifying the licensing issues. I think I knew that at some point.

What are the odds of changing the FST license to GPL-with-exceptions?

> what parts of the full 2.0 spec are you thinking about?

Ack. You got me; I don't know enough about the spec to have an answer. But
Kontakt doesn't save it's state when asked nicely by any linux VST host I'm
aware of. I'll start by trying to fix that.

> > There doesn't seem to be any tutorial-type documentation reguarding VST.

> there isn't. the vst-plugins mailing list is full of people endlessly
> seeking clarification of different aspects of the API. nobody has
> definitive answers.

I had feared this. To make matters worse, I've not done any serious audio
development before. Bits in, bits out, though, isn't it? :)

-Forest