Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 02:07:40 EEST

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:00 -0500, Renich Bon Æiriæ wrote:
> Well, very wise words you say. But, on the other hand, this piece of
> hardware is worth 3,000 usd. We have a ton of users to think about. We
> must provide compatibility with it's native format.
>
> It would be cool to be able to use all the OpenSource arsenal out there.
> But first, we need to clone... at least, that's what they have said (the
> users)

Just port Linux to it then develop the support for the native file
systems/formats/etc. MUCH less work than writing your own OS.

(BTW top posting is considered bad form on this list)

It sounds like you're responding to user requests of some kind - do you
have a link? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Lee